Outreach & Advocacy
We are excited to announce that we now have 2 paid staff! These Community Outreach positions provide advocacy and supports to the 2SLGBTQIAP+ Community in St. Albert and Northern Alberta.
Our staff have various backgrounds from across social services and are members of the 2SLGBTQIAP+ Community themselves bringing lived-experience to the personalized supports that they provide to families, children and youth within the community.
Some things our staff do…
- Facilitate Outloud Junior, Youth, and Talks meetings
- Provide resources to siblings, parents, families, and children and youth that identify as members or family members of the 2SLGBTQIAP+ Community
- Provide community training opportunities
- Provide business training opportunities
- Plan and facilitate St. Albert Pride
- Advocacy for support and inclusion of GSA’s/QSA’s in all schools
- Network with other service providers to ensure inclusive and safer spaces and services for community members
- Maintain the Outloud space – this includes processing donations, ensuring the space is organized and ready for meetings, organizing and processing merchandise orders, and more
- Sit on various committees and working groups across St. Albert to bring a queer voice to public service
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
Schools, Groups, and Businesses
Outloud speaks and presents workshops on sexuality and gender identity, providing resource materials and more!